Fronthaul Remote Access and Monitoring System – SkyRAN
Modular and scalable solution for real-time, on-demand testing and 24/7 monitoring of the radio frequency (RF) spectrum and optical fiber networks
- Identify any type of RF interference and PIM issues across multiple vendors without interrupting network traffic
- Identify RF interference patterns and sources to proactively find and fix issues
- Most powerful real-time, highest resolution RF spectrum analysis over CPRI with rates up to option 7 (9.8 Gbit/s)
- EXFO-patented OTDR/iOLM technology with pass/fail tests for each fiber-based event (e.g., connectors, splices)
- Modular, flexible, scalable and compact 1U rackmount chassis ideal for cell and DAS sites
- Network-wide visibility of the mobile spectrum and fronthaul fiber health
- Future-proof for higher CPRI rates and next-generation fronthaul interface (NGFI) protocols
Interference and PIM issues are costlier than you think
Diagnosing the root cause of RF interference and PIM issues with a “trial and error” approach can be costly, leading to repeat truck rolls, reworks, long mean-time-to-repair—and impact subscriber quality of experience.
SkyRAN delivers real-time visibility into the mobile spectrum from any location, at any time, for quick diagnosis and resolution.
A solid fiber foundation
Fronthaul fiber certification with pass/fail tests for each event (e.g. connectors, splices) to help technicians of any skill level certify fronthaul fiber quality with reliable results on the first try.
24/7 monitoring of fronthaul fiber to detect degradations and fiber cuts between the BBU and RRH.
Is your investment cost-optimized and scalable?
Thanks to its unique modular features and high-performance platform, SkyRAN meets today’s needs and has the flexibility to evolve with tomorrow’s RAN requirements, without the costly replacement of equipment. Testing capabilities and optical switches can be easily extended as the number of cell sites grow.