OTDR Platform FTB-500 8-slot/4-slot
Provides boundless capabilities through an expert multimodular platform designed for true next-generation network testing
With massive processing power and mix-and-match flexibility, the FTB-500 platform is right out of a multi-application wonderland. It brings you new, highly advanced applications and pushes your current ones’ efficiency to new heights. So go ahead: break new ground, set new test performance standards, tame new technologies. Benefit from an all-in-one platform that you can build around your most unique requirements. The FTB-500 has two models; the FTB-500 8-slot Platform and the FTB-500 4-slot Platform.
The FTB-500 houses any of EXFO’s FTB plug-and-play modules, enabling you to reconfigure your test solution as your test needs evolve. Combine physical and optical characterization applications with transport and datacom test modules covering next-generation 10G, 40G and 100G analysis.
- Optical test modules: choose from the industry’s most renowned line of OTDRs and most advanced dispersion analyzers
- Transport and datacom test modules: discover the most compact and powerful SONET/SDH, OTN, Fibre Channel and Ethernet analyzers—the new standards in next-generation network testing
- Connects anywhere: USB, 3G, Wi-Fi, VPN and Bluetooth
- Loaded with utilities: all the tools required to maximize field testing, plus third-party applications
- Like a PC: Intel processor with Windows Embedded Standard operating system
- EXFO Connect-compatible: automated asset management; data goes through the cloud and into a dynamic database
- GPS capabilities: accurate coordinates under the same conditions as a regular satellite GPS receiver
FTB-500 8-slot platform
Distributed PMD analysis
Single-ended, span-by-span measurement of PMD, enabling targeted fiber upgrades and cost-effective deployment of 10, 40 and 100 Gbit/s transmission.
Full fiber characterization
PMD, CD and OTDR testing combined in a single solution, for in-depth fiber characterization. Run FastReporter post-processing software while performing your acquisitions, for faster data analysis and report generation—directly on-site.
100 Gbit/s testing applications
The most advanced hardware, ready for future 100 Gbit/s applications.
ROADM/POTS and 40 Gbit/s testing
Integrated optical and transport testing in a portable solution supporting OC-768, STM-256, OTU3 as well as true in-band OSNR for ROADMs, 40G transmission and UDWDM signals.
All-in-one transport and datacom configuration supporting:
- DS0/E0 to OC-768/STM-256
- OTU1/OTU2/OTU3/OTU1e/OTU2e with FEC
- 10/100M, Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet (LAN/WAN)
- 1x/2x/4x/10x Fibre Channel
- Next-generation SONET/SDH (GFP, LO/HO VCAT and LCAS)
FTB-500 4-slot platform
ROADM and PTN turn-up testing
Combines SONET/SDH, OTN, Ethernet and Fibre Channel analysis, as well as an optical spectrum analyzer with a built-in polarization controller.
CWDM turn-up testing
Integrates two metro/CWDM OTDRs and a high-power—up to 23 dBm—optical spectrum analyzer (with built-in polarization controller) into a single portable solution.
Simultaneously runs a 10 gigabit next-generation SONET/SDH analyzer, as well as 1 gigabit and 10 gigabit Ethernet analyzers, delivering IPTV test capabilities and TCP throughput assessment.
Gigabit/10 Gigabit Ethernet configurations
- Gigabit Ethernet analyzer, OTDR and optical spectrum analyzer with polarization controller
- Gigabit Ethernet analyzer, 10 Gigabit Ethernet analyzer and OTDR