Fiber Inspection Probe Wireless FIP-435B
Turn your Android™ or iOS device into a fully automated fiber inspection solution delivering fast and consistent test results. With no wires in your way or cumbersome battery pack, it provides unmatched end-user experience, combined with bring-it-anywhere portability.
By combining unmatched ease of use and WiFi connectivity along with the flexibility and portability of Android™ and iOS smart devices, EXFO is removing the last roadblocks in connector certification and making testing simple and headache-free. With the FIP-435B, there is nothing restricting your field crews from following fiber-testing best practices and eradicating faulty connector issues impacting the performance of your network.
- 100% automated, one-step inspection process
- Completely wireless, self-powered unit
- Screenless operation enabled by pass/fail LED indicator
- On-board connector endface analysis (IEC, IPC or custom standards)
- Feature-rich ConnectorMax2 mobile application compatible with AndroidTM and iOS devices
- Full reporting capabilities on mobile devices
- All-day battery life that will never let you down
- Compatible with automated multifiber connector inspection
Bring it with you anywhere
Whenever problems arise in whichever type of fiber network deployed—FTTx, central offices, private networks, data centers, fronthaul/backhaul etc.—fiber connectors are the first critical elements to validate. Thanks to it’s fully automated test sequence, compatibility with AndroidTM and iOS devices and freedom of use, the FIP-435B allows everyone working on your network—regardless of background or skill level—to be equipped to perform first level troubleshooting tasks and address this most common source of problems.
With the automated multifiber inspection tip, inspect multifiber MPO connectors in dense panels, reach recessed connectors and perform pass/fail assessments quickly and easily.
Fiber inspection reaches new heights
The FIP-435B wireless probe is the ideal inspection solution for fiber-to-the-antenna (FTTA) and remote radio head (RRH) applications where tower climbers have a copper or RF background, thus are often new to fiber testing and also work in an environment where it’s difficult to carry bulky equipment up the towers. The FIP-435B helps reduce the number of climbs required and streamlines the work needed at the top of the tower.
- Fully automated test process helps close the technology gap
- Auto-focus and analysis protects against misinterpretation and prevents the risk of reporting false positive results
- LED pass/fail indicator provides an immediate analysis result without having to look back to the smart device screen, allowing one-hand operation and easier manipulation
Fully-featured mobile application for Android™ and iOS
Using the ConnectorMax2 Mobile application, you can view fibers directly or capture and analyze the results.
- Live video feed on your smartphone or tablet
- Mobile-friendly design with no compromise on performance or functionality
- View, analyze, certify, save, document and report instantly
- Sync your results with colleagues, manager or operator database
The ConnectorMax2 Mobile application is available for iOS or Android.
Workflow integration and process compliance
As some telecom operators have already made the switch to smart devices for their field crews—or will soon—the FIP-425/435B, with Android™ and iOS compatibility, ensures compliance with current operator’s processes and enables users to benefit from smart device connectivity (3G, 4G, Wi-Fi, etc.) directly in the field.
- Sync results and data with operator’s database
- Compliance with operator process and requirements for workflow integration and optimization