• Automated and programmable wind protector
• 40-second automated tube heater
• Fully ruggedized for shock, dust and moisture
• Li-ion battery with 110 splices/shrinks per charge
• On-board training and support videos
• Internet software upgrades
• Multi-function transit case with integrated workstation
The Fujikura 70R is equipped with a precision, fixed v-groove for splicing single fibers or ribbon fiber up to 12 fibers. Incorporating the proven ruggedized features pioneered by Fujikura, the 70R has added automated and enhanced user control features to increase splicing efficiency. A user programmable, automated wind protector expedites the splicing process by automatically closing to initiate the splice process, and opening upon splice completion. A new auto-start “clamshell design” tube heater applies heat to both sides of the splice protection sleeve resulting in a 40-second shrink time for 12-fiber ribbon. The result is a total splice process time of approximately 55 seconds! Ruggedness and durability are greatly enhanced by a mirror-less optical system and “severe-impact resistant” monitor. Battery capacity is now 110 splices/shrinks. An innovative transit case doubles as a built-in or mobile workstation and makes splicing easier than ever before.